Irvine Spousal Support Lawyer
We're Here to Help You Protect Your Interests
No matter which side of a spousal support issue you're on, this can be an incredibly difficult matter to resolve. Second to child custody and child support, spousal support is one of the stickiest issues in contested divorces.
Whether you need legal assistance to get the financial support you need from an ex-spouse or an advocate to protect your finances against exploitation, Giammichele Law, APC can help. We provide each client with a personalized experience that takes their unique situation and concerns into account. This input allows us to identify and explain legal options a client may have when it comes helping them achieve the best possible result in a spousal support dispute.
For more information about what our spousal support attorney in Irvine can do for you, contact Giammichele Law, APC for a consultation. Call (949) 303-7811 to request yours today!
What We Can Do for You
Spousal support isn't always easy to grasp on your own. Our attorney at Giammichele Law, APC can help you understand how it works overall, how much you may pay or receive, and how long the spousal support order can last.
In determining spousal support for a contested divorce, the court will evaluate a variety of factors, such as which spouse earns more, which spouse may have sacrificed their career potential most for the marriage, etc. Our job is to help you demonstrate your needs in the strongest possible manner so that any spousal support ordered by a judge treats you as fairly as possible.
How Is Spousal Support Calculated in California?
When spouses decide to divorce, the court may order one to pay the other a certain amount of money each month for a period of time. What used to be known as “alimony” is now broadly referred to as spousal support as either spouse, regardless of sex, may be entitled to it. The overall purpose of spousal support is to provide financial aid for one spouse as they transition from married life to single life.
Spousal support is calculated according to state guidelines when the following factors are taken into account:
- How each party's earning permits them – or doesn't – to maintain the standard of living established during marriage.
- Contributions made by one party to the other as the latter pursued an education, training, licenses, or in their overall career.
- The ability for the supporting party to afford spousal support, which takes into account their earning capacity, income, assets, and standard of living.
- Each party's assets and debts, including separate property.
- The needs of each party, according to the standard of living established during marriage.
- Whether or not the supported party could work while raising dependent children.
- Any history of domestic violence
- Any criminal convictions
- Immediate and particular tax consequences for each party
Do You Need Legal Support?
If you need legal assistance, our spousal support lawyer in Irvine is here to help. At Giammichele Law, APC, we can provide clients with a personalized level of service and respond to their concerns in a proactive manner. Learn more about how we can help you.
Schedule your consultation with us today by contacting us online or calling (949) 303-7811.